Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Can we talk for a second about commericals that drive us bonkers?

Has anyone seen the new Hormel Chili commerical where everything people touch turns to chili in a can? My goodness, I don't know what the medical or scientifc term is for the anger and rage I feel when I see a commerical....but it gets so under my skin, then I have to watch it from beginning to end.

Now, I can turn the channel at "digger, the under the toenail thing" and the husband and wife mucous couple that move into your lungs when you have a cold--no problem, but some commericals........all those Liberty Mutual Health (RIP Lou Rawls) insurance ones......."who knew I could put all my spare change into a jar and get health insurance?" or "don't you wish life could be like this parking meter....where I can put coins in and stay here longer playing with my grandchildren?" All those commericals about the pending cost of a funeral! I can watch, I hate them but I watch......but I feel utter rage at the Hormel commercial.

First of all, we all love chili but when I want pepper on something, I don't want chili on it.............and the song??? The song, which is stuck in my head (probably smart marketing) is like a love song or something...........doesn't fit........at all. I am in the wrong line of work. I am going to write to Hormel and tell them how much I hate that damned Chili commerical...........line once a day!

http://www.hormel.com/brands/brandview3.asp?id=37&catitemid=3

http://www.lamisil.com/index.jsp

2 Comments:

Blogger Katty Kat said...

what's worse is when you can say the words along with the commerical or sing the jingle! I guess that is the plan all along right? The other night my boyfriend and I were going through the drug names and trying to guess what the drug was for or how the name gives it away.....like Levitra (which we know but still) "levitate"....the new Boniva for old people and bones...I'm sure it would be even more fun if I knew latin.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

That's funny - the hormel chili commercial does the same to me- its just the dumbest idea. Try as I might I can't understand what would compel someone to create or approve of this ad. Do they really mean to imply that chili is a good substitute for pepper? And what's wrong with pepper? Apparently some people think its clever. I don't know what they're smoking.

Anyway, your "rage" comment is familiar. I recall being at a certain musical performance later described like this:

I wasn't sure what I was emotion I was feeling, and then I realized what it was: anger, rage and anger

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home