Thursday, January 12, 2006

Glad to see other geeks like me.....well he's a bigger geek.......

Some of you know my love for smelly stickers. As I kid I used to count my stickers with a calculator (which my sister and parents enjoy reminding me about) and I would order stickers from a major company's catalog trying to disquise myself as a teacher...........hoping for a discount no doubt. I'm sure my handwriting gave me away.

So, a year or two ago I decided to see if I could find others that loved/love stickers, scratch and sniff--smelly ones only!! I loved them so much, I always knew where they were at any time through all my moves, except when I lived abroad in Italy for 3 years...I think I asked my sister to "keep an eye" on them. Now I keep them close, so in case of a fire I can snatch, grab and run.

I only told a few very close friends this but, I contacted the "Guinness Book of World Records" because I was sure I had the most smelly stickers.

Well, I received a nice letter from the GBWR claiming that they do not have a "largest smelly sticker collection in the world" category! I didn't believe it. Looking through the book online I decided that it's not the book it was in the 70's. Now it's full of gross things......what happened to the great feats and tallest lady and fattest man (buried in a piano box).

Anyway, I found this site to be pretty good and quite comprehensive. I was even more shocked to find that the site is maintained by a male!
If I wasn't already snatched up, he might have been my soul mate. Maybe he still could be............. my bubble boy.

http://www.bubbledog.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home