Thursday, January 12, 2006

My dream has finally come true.......

I was just talking to some friends the other night about how interesting it is that so many things...come in "mini". I told a friend that I would be thrilled to have a "mini" orangutan. I'm sure it smells but it would be a hoot to have. Then I thought about it and I decided it wouldn't be fair and we all know that orangutans need to hang....I have 12-15 ft ceilings but it might be a mess..........then I thought of having a "mini" dairy cow. I almost fell off my work chair today when I read this!!!
I don't have 4 acres and I don't need it for meet, just hugs and kisses, so I guess I better wait for the "micro-mini".

Mini-cattle are new breeds of heifers and bulls that are easier to raise for some small farmers than their full-size cousins. They eat about a third as much as a full-sized steer, are less destructive of pasture land and fencing, and are easier to handle.
They're not exactly tiny. Minature cattle can weight up to 700 pounds. A regular steer can weigh 1500 pounds. The smaller cows provide enough meat to last a family of four six months. And they only need a back four acres, not 40.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home